A ? for Christians...

What version bible do you use and why do you like it best?

MrsLaher

Asked by MrsLaher at 4:53 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I prefer the King James Version because I feel it is the most accurate.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 4:58 PM on May. 7, 2009

• NLT( New Living Translation) or the NIV one. I read those ones because as much as I love the King James version I need to have everything in lamens terms. Both the NLT and NIV is very understandable even for somebody like me. They say the sames things just in the way that we (meaning people who needs lamens terms) can understand what you are trying to read.
    littllea

Answer by littllea at 4:59 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I mainly use The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures for one because it's a translation and not a version and because it's in our everyday language and not the old English though I do use many different Bibles when studying.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• NIV, that's the Bible my husband uses and he's the one that led me to Christ.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:04 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Multiple translations -

1. New American Standard Bible - from research - closest / most accurate to the original
    translation
    2. New Living Translation - Ease of reading
    3. New King James - when I need to follow along with my pastor in church
    4. Complete Jewish Bible - translation and uses some of the original language
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:07 PM on May. 7, 2009

• HCS the holman christian standard....very easy to understand!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:15 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I am not a christian, but the New World Translation is the one I use. I have a few but that's the one that secular sources agree is the most accurate translation...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:20 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I really don't like the KJV bible. I do not think it is very accurate. Here is a reference article if you are interested. http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=665

When reading for pleasure or daily readings, I like the NASV. It is easy to read and considered one of the most accurate translations. If studying, I like to use different versions. I like the Amplified because it will give all possible translations of the Greek and Hebrew words if there are more than one. I also have a bible that has the original Greek and Hebrew text broken down with explanations.

I recently purchased the Geneva Bible. It was translated by John Calvin in 1599 and is called the Pilgrims Bible.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 5:58 PM on May. 7, 2009

• AngelDawn7 - what bible is it that has the Greek and Hebrew text broken down w/ explanations.. that would be great to have for studying?
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:08 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I prefer King James or New King James because I'm more comfortable with it in terms of accuracy and reading ability. I grew up on these two and it really is easier for me to understand them than the newer versions.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 6:16 PM on May. 7, 2009