How much would you charge?

My mothers friend has 2 kids that she would like me to babysit this summer. She wants me to tell her how much...and I have no clue what to charge her. It is a 12 yo girl and a 10 yo boy. The hours would be from 630 am to 430 pm on fiday and Saturday's only(at my house). She said she'd send food and stuff to help out or whatever, I know for a fact she doesn't make that much, so how much should I charge her?

nikkileerue

Asked by nikkileerue at 5:23 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• I had to pay $100 a week for that kind of home care

Answer by admckenzie at 5:26 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Hm, that's a tough one. You're watching them 10 hours per day ... two kids ... maybe $20-$30 per day? $50 per week?
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:28 PM on May. 7, 2009

• ask around and see how much they charge in your area as far as child care and maybe charge a little less then that. if she's going to provide food go off of that to maybe figure how much it would cost you to feed them and subtract? I charge 5.25 an hour but that's the area i'm in
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 5:29 PM on May. 7, 2009

• With the ages and the hours I would say 60 for the 2 days. That way its only 15 per child for the day. They can care for themselves for the most part they just can't be left alone all day like that. I guess it depends really on how well behaved they are and how much she makes and if the father supports them as well. I would talk to her about what she can afford or tell her what your thinking and see if she an afford it. Your mother knows her so she should be able to help you.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 5:29 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My 13 year old daughter is a Red Cross certified babysitter. She charges $5-8 an hour.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I would say $50-$60 total for the 2 days. She will provide the food and the kids are old enough to entertain themselves, you are just keeping an eye on them to make sure they come to no harm. If she's your GOOD friend and really needs the help and you want to cut her some slack...then go with the $50 for both days.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:18 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Most daycare providers charge $100.00 to $150.00 per week.Who would have a 13 year old daughter watch their kids that is wrong kids watching kids .I am also cpr certified,and went to school for child development and I also went to another school to get my license.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on May. 8, 2009