streak kids hair

my daughter is 8 year old she want streak in her hair come out couple week come out

sweetpea292

Asked by sweetpea292 at 5:24 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I would say wait til the summer so she won't be in school. At that age i use to get the sun in leave stuff which is really lemon juice and i felt bigger but it didn't hurt my hair.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:29 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Try Manic Panic - 100% nontoxic, and washes out over a few weeks. If she has light hair, it can stain permanently though, more for some colors than others. If she has darker hair, some colors won't show at all, and even the darker ones will just provide a cool tint that will wash out. For really bright, true colors that will be semi-permanent, you have to bleach the hair first, which IMO obviously isn't a great idea for a child that young.

You can gtr completely temporary, spray-in colors that wash out with one shampooing, but that
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Sorry, my little boy jostled me there... anyway the spray in colors will be brighter but are very temporary. You can find out more about the Manic Panic dyes here. As I said, it is non toxic (unlike boxed dyes you can buy at the store) and will not damage her hair (like lightening products can - even lemon juice strips hair.)

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:42 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I see that there is no reason to dye a childs hai. That is for grown ups not children. Teenage maybe. I wouldnt at all. Thats just me though.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:31 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I personally wouldn't allow my child at 8 to color her hair (other that colored sprays) I think that girls grow up to fast these days as it is and and I just see hair color as a more teenage/adult thing to do. Plus at that age I want to still be teaching my daughter to accept who she is and that she is beautiful just as she is. I dunno I may change my mind when the time comes but right now I don't thinks so.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:17 PM on May. 7, 2009

• the link collinsky put up also has clip -on colored pieces of hair you can buy (the Emily the strange ones) so you don't even need to worry about them washing out
    Kersten

Answer by Kersten at 11:01 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I think that is too young to color hair. Little kids don't need to be "cool", they are little kids.
    Anonymous