almost at my breaking point!

ok heres the situation im a stay at home mom to a beautiful 2 year old girl. I have no social life whats so ever I have one friend in the state i live in and she lives over an hour away from me and is busy with her own life. im so bored and lonley i dont know what to do i live in a town with a little over 300 people and most of them are (tralor trash) i guess you would say ive tried to get out there and meet people but theres nothing around here i talk to people on the internet but its not the same. im starting to get depressed and im not happy anymore please help with any advice you can give. thank you

DesiNicole

Asked by DesiNicole at 5:35 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Stop being so judgmental and give people a chance. First impressions are not always what you think they are. You should never judge a book by its cover. Just because you think they are trailer trash doesn't mean they are. Some people live where they can afford and only buy what they can afford. Get out and meet people in your neighborhood. You never know your best friend could be down the street. Try and find other moms in your area on here, go to the parks and see if other moms are there. Stop judging people so quickly and your life will turn around.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 5:43 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Well if moving is even remotely an option I would do that. 300 people is not enough and that means there is probably nothing to do in your town. Wow, that is tiny! If I lived somewhere like that I would want to move. But definitely go visit your friend more often. An hour drive isn't that bad. I live in a town of 8,000 and I still have more fun at my house chatting online. But no, I see what you mean, it's bad. Going for walks helps, something about how the sunlight helps keep away depression. But brailynsmama is right too, give people a chance.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 5:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i live in a trailor park were not all trash, i have made alot of really nice people that live in here im a really shy person maybe you could try and extend yourself a little to other people it will help out to get to talk to another person once in a while,it gets really lonesome when you have no one to talk to ,or even if you could with your schedule get a small part time job and you could meet some people at work who knows it may help
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 5:59 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm not sure I like the "trailor trash" thing. There's some people that live in big fine homes (like politicians, lawyers, dr's and all walks of life) that are lying, cheating, theives, dope heads, sex addicts, pedifiles etc...
    I live in a double wide (not in a trailor park, but here on my own 4 acres of land) and I'm not trash (well, not most of the time but I do have a really dirty mind).
    Get out, meet people, walk around town, parks, churches, grocery store, school... put yourself out there and meet people.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:24 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I'd be moving.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• first off, let me say that I KNOW HOW YOURE FEELING & WHAT YOURE GOING THRU...second, i think the other ladies are right by asking you not to judge. that couldnt be more true. {{{my saying in life is JUDGE YOURSELF}}} let me also say that for others, it may seem easy to get yourself out of the house & to the park or grocery store - but for people like you & i, it can be extremely difficult...from what it sounds like, you ARE a lot like how i USED to be. can i be honest??? my first piece of advice is to go to your Doctor & look into finding an anti-depressant that works for you. from what youre saying, you just like i was...and for me, that Rx has made a huge difference in my life. second of all, set a goal - tell yourself that you WILL get out of the house @ least 3 times this week. no matter what you do or where you go, just as long as you get some social interaction. TRUST that youll meet people. ive moved to places.........
    BrandiMomWife84

Answer by BrandiMomWife84 at 7:21 PM on May. 7, 2009

• .........where i didnt know ANYONE - no friends @ all, NO family members to speak of, not even a friend of a friend or someone that said 'hey i live in town there, gimme a call!' - NO ONE - i now have @least 10 honest, true, good, caring, dependable FRIENDS that i can rely on & trust here. wives & their husbands included. (when youre Military, were ALL friends & friends are like family) i know its tougher than hell getting out there to begin with. but itll happen for you! ive been there. hell, im still there sometimes now! we all have our moments! be strong & confident =0) *brandi*
    BrandiMomWife84

Answer by BrandiMomWife84 at 7:25 PM on May. 7, 2009