Re-using baby shoes?

When my 1st DD started walking I took her to stride rite and bought her a 50 some dollar pair of shoes which she only wore for like 3 months...Hence they are still new...

My 2nd DD is starting to walk and I was wondering if its ok to let her wear the shoes. She has a different foot than DD1 so is that going to matter?

lvnmygrlz

Asked by lvnmygrlz at 5:43 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are the shoes fitted to her foot? If so then it may cause some issues but most baby shoes can be reused until they are worn out as they do not do that much damage to them until they are older. If it was fit for your first daughter then go to the store and ask them if your other daughter can wear them without issues later on
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 5:45 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I dont think they were "fit" they were in a box on the shelf...No special order or anything.
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 5:46 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I read that you aren't supposed to re-use baby shoes cause it can try to form 2nd babies foot to the same as the 1st babies foot... IDK how true it is tho...I would say that if you can see your fist babys foot indention on the inner sole then not to re-use them if they still look flat I would re-use them
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 5:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I reused Mallorys shoes which was passed down to my neice and passed back up to Anna....no problems with them
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 6:02 PM on May. 7, 2009

• You aren't supposed to re-use baby shoes for the same reason that Heather.darin said. And that comes from my pediatrician.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:04 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I think im going to see if I can buy new inserts for them...They literally look like they came off the shelf they are still mint.

lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 6:08 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i reuse shoes for my girls no prob
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 6:55 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Soft soled shoes are the best for their little feet especially when they are first starting to walk and these can be reused. Hard soled shoes cannot because they from to the child's foot and is not good in the early walking years. My children stay in soft soled shoes unless they are somewhere that is too dangerous for them and they are 4 years and 2 years old. I have made most of them, but you can get them up to 24 months size at Target and Babiesrus for about $15 a pair.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:15 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I passed on Addison's shoes to Emery.. He doesn't seem to mind them.. I wouldn't think it matters..
    AddisonsMom247

Answer by AddisonsMom247 at 8:35 PM on May. 7, 2009

• If your fist one walked in the shoes, then I wouldn't pass them down. The shape of the foot, and the way your oldest walks, like the pressure of the foot, if they lean a certain way in the shoe, it all matters for the next one that puts that shoe on, and can damage the foot "posture" of the next kid.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:28 PM on May. 7, 2009