Why do so many women tolerate it...?

Why do so many women tolerate their men looking at porn or actually physically cheating on them? If my man did either I would leave him! How can women still be with them if they don't change? I suppose the porn thing can be an exception because some men will change, but when they don't why do women stay?

Tickledtrauma

Asked by Tickledtrauma at 5:43 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Some women tolerate it because that is how they were raised to believe men are.

Some women tolerate it because they are afraid they won't find another man/for religious reasons, don't want to leave.

Some women don't because they were raised to believe it is wrong (porn and cheating)and it's okay to leave a husband because of it.

Some women do it themselves, and so tolerate it in their men.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:01 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Yeah, watching someone on tv is a serious issue lol
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't tolerate actual cheating. If he wanted to look at porn then I would be okay with that, but if the porn started it then the porn needs to finish it. When they are looking at porn they aren't cheating on you. Men are very visual creatures and need that for stimulation sometimes. Some couples do it together. I would have a problem if he did it and hid it from me though.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:47 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i think porn is a great thing. there is too much out there and all but guys need to masterbate its a human function. I am sorry but they said guys who masterbate regurally is less likey to get cancer. Plus we can't always keep up with there sex drive. Expecally that time of month.
    When guys look at porn yes they are looking at other girls but that don't mean they want them. They need to have visural stemulation to get off unless your ALWAYS going to help them.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 5:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Sometimes people have a laps in judgement due to situations beyond anyones control. Things happen, if the behavior is repetitive then leaving that person would be something to think about. As for porn, I feel differently than anyone else for the most part. To me it is cheating, your watching 2 people have sex and enjoying the actions of what they are doing and in turn are masturbating yourself and getting yourself off so to me its like a 3 some and your the camera man. I won't allow porn what so ever in my home. As for cheating, mistakes are made and people can change its just a matter or realizing that it was a mistake and making the choice to never let it happen again.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 5:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Well some people disagree and believe looking at porn is cheating. But you are right it depends how it is done. I too think it is okay to look at it together because you end up finishing together and it is a "we" sexual activity. However that's not usually the case. Most men keep it a secret and hide it. And that is the situation that sooo many women tolerate even though it eats them alive. I would be quite offended if my man masturbated because my sex drive is much higher than his. I would always help him get off too, i am usually the one jumping his bones. You make a good point Mama2twins. There are a lot of women out there who deny their men sex and then complain when they look at porn.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 5:56 PM on May. 7, 2009

• me and my hubby have sex on a regular basis, and he sometimes watches porn alone or with me, but i dont want him to watch it then come to me to finish it, and i dont want him to keep it a secret either. if he wants to watch it go ahead but it shouldnt have to be a secret like its something he is ashamed of.
    Anonymous

• Society has said that both are okay, and until it says otherwise people will continue on that way. It is very clear in our house that neither porn nor cheating is allowed.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 6:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Well some people disagree and believe looking at porn is cheating

KEY WROD some people
    Anonymous

• Men keep it a secret because of the women who don't like it IDK I don't care if he does hell I do at times when I am alone

Anonymous