What do you want to be when you grow up? How to figure that out?

So what do you wannabe when you grow up? I'm 23 years old and still can't figure that out....so did you become what you wanted to, did you take another path? How did your life turn out? How do you figure out what you wanna do in life?

TuckyGirl

Asked by TuckyGirl at 5:45 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was looking for part time work when both children were in school, and another member of a class I took thought I would be good in the program she was running offering classes to older people. I accepted immediately because I like older people, having spent a lot of time with my grandparents as a child. A few years in to the job I realized that my calling was teaching older people, and so I worked hard to improve my classes. I guess think about what you like, perhaps observe people who do that, and talk with them, find out what training you need and get it. If you decide it isn't for you after all, that's fine, many people change jobs, so don't worry that you have to make one choice and never change.

Answer by Bmat at 5:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm almost 43 and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

I wouldn't mind finishing my statistics degree. But on the other hand, with the boys now I've been thinking of going in to speech or occupational therapy (pediatric) once they're all in school. On the other hand, there's just relaxing and staying home even though they're in school. On the other hand, there's finishing my stats degree....Oh wait...too many hands.

Um..I have no clue.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:48 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Well, frankly...Im grown up.
    Im doing what I want to do....be a homemaker.

When I was in school I wanted to write childrens stories and teach OR run an inhome daycare.

Both of those are still possible.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I want to be a nurse and a mommy. One down one to go. I became a medical assistant in highschool with dual enrollment at a tech school. I then decided I wanted to go ahead and get my RN degree. I started with all of my school and now I am 4 courses out of my AA and an acceptance letter away from an actual nursing program. I hope you figure it out some never do.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm almost 40 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!! I have always just done whatever I'm interested in doing at the time and the work just seemed to fall in my lap. I've had some very interesting jobs in the past, but never worked in the field I originally thought I wanted to work in. At the moment I'm a stay at home/homeschooling mom, but I'm going to be going back to school soon for something totally unrelated to my original plan. I'm okay with that though because this is what I want to do NOW. It may change in the future and I'll be okay with that too. Very few people end up doing one thing for the rest of their life nowdays, and a lot of people don't even work in the field they majored in in college.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 6:07 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I am 23 and on my way to doing what I want to do. I have a family, and I am on a waiting list to get into nursing school (if I don't get in this fall I am guaranteed a spot next fall) after that it will be all gravy.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:11 PM on May. 7, 2009

• my whoooooooole life, all ive ever wanted to do was be a housewife/stay at home mom, maybe have a few kids to dayare to make a lil extra money, but thats it!!! wellll...im 26 and ya i have one kid, but im a single mom, so i dont see it happening..i never went to college or anything, so all i am is a cashier at a drug store..makes me kinda wish i had a back up plan...but..reallly, theres NOTHING (job/carreer wise) that i can see myself doing for the rest of my life...and i never knew what else i wanted to be..i still dont know!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:26 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I've always wanted to be a mommy my whole life and now I am a proud SAHM to almost 5 beautiful babies! What will I do when they all grow up and move on...probably become a foster parent until I am too old to parent and someone is changing my diapers for a change!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 6:28 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I wish I knew it would make things easier! My Mom says I should be an editor
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 6:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm 29 and have always wanted to go back to school but for what I don't know. For now I'm content being a stay at home mom. My ds starts kindergarten in the fall but it's only 3 days a week. Maybe I'll figure something out once he's in school full time. Or maybe I'll continue to be a stay at home mom. Whatever work I do decide it would be part time because I want to be able to be home when my kids get home.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 6:43 PM on May. 7, 2009