Low Blood sugar

Any pg ladies dealing with low blood sugar what are your symptoms??? Thank you!

rhonda111787

Asked by rhonda111787 at 5:46 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not pregnant now, but when I was my low blood sugar would make me lightheaded and dizzy. The quickest thing to help relieve it was a piece of fruit.
    Anonymous

• I was hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) before during and after my pregnancy. I usually felt a little queasy and shaky. I also get very angry. When my mean side starts to show then I know that I need to eat. A good place to look for symptoms is on a diabetic website b/c they need to know not only symptoms of high blood sugar but low blood sugar as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• im hypoglycemic since i was 4. the first thing i notice is like i start to get confused and then really edgy and then you might get shakey and if you wait too long to eat then you might pass out. in a situation like that if you get waay too sick then you should have some sugar, followed by protein. like some oj and some peanut butter. thats the key to sucess! always carry some candy or peanuts or something with you in case you get low while youre out. good luck! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 6:21 PM on May. 7, 2009

• From 5 months pregnant on I would feel that way nearly daily. I would start to feel really dizzy and I would lay on the floor before I fainted and my sweet 2 year old would go upstairs and get me peanut butter and a spoon. Around 30 mins after I ate it I would be able to sit up again.
    Anonymous