Grandbabies? Part 2: Is that the only reason?

This is in response to some of the answers to my "different race vs. same sex" question. Many women here answered that they would rather their child(ren) marry someone of a different race because they "wanted grandbabies" and gays can't have babies.

Well...

Is it your child(ren)'s duty to give you grandkids? Was it your duty to give your parents grandkids?

Is that the only reason to get married? to have kids? to give your parents grandbabies?

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 5:56 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Gays can have children. They can get a surrogate mother or adopt or if they are lesbian they get a sperm donor and one if not both carry a child. So gays can and do have children all the time. It may not always be by birth but how you get them is not important. I got married out of love and wanting to spend my life with someone, not to reproduce for anyone but myself. yes me having a child made my mom a grandmother 4 times over but that is not why I got married, I could have done that out of wedlock and my mom would lover her all the same. I don't get the point your making when gays do everything a straight or interracial couple does.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• no one gets married just to have kids, but by having kids you are leaving a part of youself and your beliefs here on earth after you are dead and gone.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:19 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I think most parents respect and love their kids no matter what they do.

But I agree with anon :24, what's wrong with wanting to have grandkids? The desire to see our genetic material passed on is something that's programed into every plant and animal on this planet, it's a perfectly natural desire.
    Anonymous

• Conveniently, my hubby and I wanted to have a baby just as much as our parents wanted a grand baby, so there was no need to have a baby for them.

It's nice how it can work out like that ;)
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:21 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It's not a childs duty but what's wrong with wanting grandchildren?
    Anonymous