Has anyone's kids ever had protein in their urine?

I took two of my kids to the pediatrician a few weeks ago for a booster shot for school. Because we were new to the area and the kids are new patients they had to do a physical for both of them before giving them shots. I got a call the next day and the nurse informed me that they both had protein in their urine. She said to give them plenty of liquids and they'd check again in a few weeks. Has this happened to anyone else and is it a common thing? I went to Web MD and was scared by all the talk of kidney problems.

moonmomof3

Asked by moonmomof3 at 6:05 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Health

• Sometimes, children that have been exercising a lot or doing bending and gymnastics can have protein in there urine. If it doesn't persist, I wouldn't worry. I believe, dehydration is another cause. Just make sure you follow up with the peds.
    boomom1973

Answer by boomom1973 at 3:22 PM on May. 12, 2009