I really want another baby, but...

So I am currently on BC pills and my son is nearly 12 months old. I am starting to have the feeling I want another baby. The thing is I always told myself I didnt want 2 babies in diapers or 2 kids in car seats. My fiance I dont think would care either way. The thing is my son now is not my fiances biological son but he treat him like his own and has been there from day one. I know my fiance would like to have a kid that is his blood though and I think if it was in a year or so it wouldnt matter as if it was in 3 years. What would you think if I just stopped taking my bc and not say anything to my fiance even though I know he wouldnt be mad and just let things run its course. I would think by the time the bc is out of my system and stuff my other son would be at least 2 which is ok I guess. plus one year my fiance and i had unprotected sex for over a year and nothing happened who knows if he is capable.what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well I would definitely talk to your fiance first, I wouldn't automatically assume that you are both on the same page, and its a life altering event. It also depends on the type of BC you are on, sometimes they take up to a year, other methods take less time. As far as the two babies at once, that's a personal decision, you don't sound as if you are struggling with one, but remember no two babies are alike, so if the first is pleasant and happy remember that baby two could be cranky and irritable. Or they could both be happy, just depends, but if its a huge change in temperment it could cause added stress.
    Anonymous

• You should get your fiances okay first. Otherwise it is really bad karma. My husband and I were having unprotected sex, he knew I wasn't on birth control and I wanted to have another baby. When I told him I was pregnant he told me to get an abortion. Of course I didn't he left 5 weeks after he was born. We also had a 2.5 year old. We had been married for 5 years. He is obviously a total jerk and your finance sounds really good, so you should be honest to him.
    Anonymous

• You need to talk to your fiancee. Even though he says having another baby right now won't be a bad thing, this is something you just shouldn't decide on your own. Oh, and there is no way to tell how long the BC will be out of your system. It could take months, a year or even less. I was off it for one month and we got pregnant.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 6:05 PM on May. 8, 2009

• You should be honest with him. My boyfriend is not my oldest son's biological dad either. He treats him exactly like his biological son, which many guys don't do. So all of a sudden being like 'Hey I'm pregnat' might not be the best choice. We got pregnat when my son was about 13 month old, and sometimes I wish we would've waited. It just seems like I missed out on alot of his "baby life" since I was pregnat & worrying about getting ready for a new baby.
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 2:00 AM on May. 9, 2009