Is Truvia safe during pregnancy?

I don't do artificial sweeteners, but I do use Truvia because it's natural and zero calorie. I don't really mind just sugar, but I don't want to gain more than I need to for a baby.

pink72princess

Asked by pink72princess at 6:19 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I've been wondering this myself. I'm planning to ask the nurse when I go in for an ultra sound tomorrow.

I mean it's natural and derived from natural sources so I would think it would be but I'm not sure. I haven't used it yet but I plan to ask tomorrow.

My baby is measuring big and my doctor wants me to be careful of sugar and carbs so I am planning to see if I can use it in place of sugar.
    Anonymous

• Well first I don't know if you've ever tasted it but Truvia tastes nothing like sugar or splenda....it's actually kinda gross. I am a long time splenda user because i'm a diabetic but i've given it up and just gone to using a little bit of regular sugar in some decaf coffee. Mostly i'm just drinking organic herbal decaf tea!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:18 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It would be better to ask someone with a medical degree, trained in obstetrics to be sure instead of a bunch of strangers on the internet.
    Anonymous