Visitation arrangements...SO & I have my SD 8 & SS 5 Mon Tues Wed & every other weekend. BM has them Thurs Sun & every other weekend. 8 of 14 days for us. SD gets the bus to & from school from our house & we are daycare for SS while he is not in school. In a two week period we see them at least part of the day every day except 2 days. now w/ ball season we see them every saturday as well at games when they aren't at our house.

BM has been wanting to talk to SO but just hasn't done it. He won't call BM because he hates dealing w/BM & feels that if it is that important BM will call. I found out today what BM wants to talk about (wouldn't tell me before).

BM thinks SD has been more emotional lately. I said we have noticed some but then this is the text convo we had:

ME: she has been good for the most part but she got in trouble for rolling her eyes when I was talking to SS the other night. but really its just been a bit more attitude or being pouty when she doesnt get her way. over all though she has been really good. its just a little rebellion i think. she is growing up lol. i think they both are testing boundaries.

continued below....

aly38914290

Asked by aly38914290 at 6:35 PM on May. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Please go to my page and read my last few questions regarding my stepson.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• BM: when she comes home she tells me things that bother her more than anything. she just seems upset a lot. i think most of it is she is just growing up. i think too we have very different ways of doing things so she no sooner gets use to one way and goes back to another.
    ME: she ought to be use to whatever differences there are since nothing has changed at our house at least...she gets up at the same time, goes to bed at the same time, does homework like normal, etc. now that its nice they have been playing outside all the time lol. she really seems happy. the only times there are problems are when she doesn't get to have ___ come over or go there or doesnt like what we are having for dinner. lol i don't know how do things there or if anything has changed...but i have actually loved how she has been toward me more lately.
    I think she is going to ask for more time with the kids....but we have reasons that we dont want that.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 6:43 PM on May. 7, 2009

• We had a period where BM asked me if SS starting school meant we would get equal visitation. Uh huh. He wasn't taking his allergy medicine, she admitted he wasn't brushing his teeth in the mornings, he didn't sleep there. So no, my husband told her that he didn't think it was possible for that to happen. Are you reasons valid? If they are, if she asks, have Dad talk to her about them. Perhaps if she can work on the issues that he has problems with, there can be a compromise. Or she can go back to court and try it that way.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• okay and to continue this....i just found out that what she wants to talk to SO about are the things have been bothering SD. BM said that she doesn't want to hurt feelings so she would feel more comfortable talking to my SO. she doesn't care about hurting my SO's feelings so that means that whatever is going on is about me....

either way....i hate all of this stuff. all i ever do is try to do what is best for the kids. i follow the same rules that SO has. I don't let her have pop because she says she has heartburn and i dont think she should be having pop if its so bad that she has to take a prescription for her heartburn at 8 years old. i answer her questions. i try to let her help cook or do dishes when she wants to. etc. my SKS and my daughter are my life. my daughter is only 10 months old so she takes a little more time sometimes, but i do my best to give everyone equal attention. i just dont understand.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 6:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i dont baby them as much as she does. she lets them get away with more than we do. and she likes to be SD friend 1/2 the time and parent the other. so maybe i am not as nice or something, but i feel that i am a good mother to them.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 6:55 PM on May. 7, 2009