Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who do I complain to?

My Mother is in a nursing home facility for a short time, due to a wound that wont heal. The problem is that the air conditioner doesnt work, it blows hot air! She says she is fine, but she doesnt appear to be doing well in the heat. My Father doesnt want my brother and I to complain about it. The nursing home staff knows the air isnt working in her room OR in EITHER rooms to the left or right of her! My brother and I have complained for the past two weeks and nothing has been done yet. Who do I complain to now, since it doesnt help to complain to the staff? Thank you ahead of time for your answers.


Asked by pinkcalla721 at 6:35 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (3 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Contact the state regulatory board.

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:11 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • maybe manger if their is one im not sure how nursing homes work but that what i can think of?

    Answer by photogrypher at 6:38 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • Contact the Ombudsmen. They are there for patient rights and to make sure that resident needs are being met.

    You can get the number either by calling anon and asking for it, going to the front desk and asking for it, or looking it up in the phone book.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:39 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • The number for the Ombudsman should be posted in the nursing home. Just look around, They are required to keep it in sight for people to see.

    Answer by Nathskitten at 6:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • Yeah, my family, I mean all of them, work or have worked in long term care facilities and most of the time, you will see it either posted at the main desk or by the nurses station.

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:45 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • better business bureau


    Answer by aubrees_mommie at 7:02 PM on May. 7, 2009