When you found out you where pregnant.. Who is the 1st person you told? and how long did you wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I told my bestfriend first, cause she lived next door to me and I was freaking out (needless to say it was unplanned, lol).

Then I told the girls at work cause I work in a lab and I wanted a confirmation blood test before I told my SO (you get benefits of having simple blood tests done when you work in a lab - one of the perks of the job)

Then I called my mom and told her when I got the blood results back.,

Then I told my SO when I got home from work that night.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:46 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i was on the phone with my best friend when i took the test without telling her and then..it was positive, so of course i told her...then, i called my mom and then husband...

this time, my husband was the first to know then my parents.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• my little cousin cuz she went with me to the place.
    and than I called my gma and mom and of course they both FREAKED.
    T.Mod

Answer by T.Mod at 6:56 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I told my BF of course! I waited long enough for the lines to move across the window and long enough to go sit down on the couch with him!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:56 PM on May. 7, 2009

• well we were getting ready to get a shower to go get married lol ( courthouse, couldn't afford a wedding n we really wanted to be) before I got in the shower i took a test and BAM baby! So needless to say my hubby was the first one!!!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 6:58 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Whoever heard the sceams of horror first!!!! realy with mty son It was my husband and with my dd I started freaking out and everybody came running.My ex and our sons all saw the stick at the same time.
    mamamom431

Answer by mamamom431 at 6:58 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Other than my SO who was with me when we found out (3 weeks pregnant), I told my mom first. Then my step dad, then my SOs parents..We waited to tell everyone else til about 12 weeks.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 7:01 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My dh was second to know (after me) and that was at 10 o'clock at night (dh was perstering me to take it cause he 'knew' I was pregnant and I thought he was nuts so I took it just to shut him up....in my face right?) so the next morning I called my sister and told her then I called my bff and told her....they were both super excited for me which was good cause I was freaking out a little. lol
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 7:06 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Always my husband first, i would take it and then hand it to him and continue whatever i was doing before i took it. Then we would get on the phone and call the whole family lol. We were excited everytime :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:06 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My sister in law asked me why I was cleaning so much and she told me I was pregnant, I had just gotten back on birth control from trying to get pregnant for 8 months...being pregnant was the last thing on my mind! The next day I couldn't stop thinking about what she said so I went to the store and got two test...both came back positive, I was in the parking lot at mcdonalds crying (my husband & I had both lost our jobs)...I went back to the store and got a digital pregnancy test...positive...so I decided to call my husband...he didn't know what to say..we wanted it so bad for so long and it didn't happen now that we couldn't afford it finally happened...then he passed the phone to my sister in law and yeah...I cried some more!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 7:21 PM on May. 7, 2009