Too good to be true??

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8054497#BVQAWidgetID

Is this a good car seat? It's way cheap!

Destiny13

Asked by Destiny13 at 6:45 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think we paid around $70 for our toddler seat. It's probably a cheapy, but if it fits the requirements then I'm sure it's fine. Install it correctly.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:47 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I got this brand for my MIL to have in her car, I bought it for $45.oo

I have found nothing wrong with it so far, and its been 4 months.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:48 PM on May. 7, 2009

• No it's not. That is the exact car seat I use for my son. He's been in it for 5 months now. It works great. I would recommend it.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 7:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• it has good reviews, but i'd check a consumer reporting website (like consumerreports.com) first. just because it's inexpensive doesn't mean it's unsafe, but it's still best to look into the safety reports on it. we have the first years true fit, which i adore.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 8:05 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Eh, if its all you can afford then it should suffice. If you CAN afford more, but you are just looking for a deal, then well, go with the evenflo triumph advance .... I would not put my child in a scenera. You get what you pay for, and well, a car seat is not something I'd scrimp on. The Triumph is really great, its only $140, it harnesses to 50lbs. it has a high rearfacing limit, its very sturdy and just an all around good car seat for under $150. The True Fit is also an excellent seat, something you will get tons of use out of because its limits are higher, i think it harnesses to 65lbs. and its taller than alot of seats so it will fit longer. The True Fit is closer to $170. Very Good seat.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 8:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have the cosco scenera! I got it because I am as poor as can be, but I am NOT turning my daughter around to forward facing until she weighs 35 pounds. I'm hoping I can get a better one sooner or later because she definitely doesnt love her carseat. It will suffice though!
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 2:09 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Auntiemom410, just asking out of curiosity, why would you not put your child in a scenera?
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 2:10 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Well, I actually had one for my 4yr old when she was 1, and well, I didnt really know anything about car seat safety and all of that. In comparison to the other car seats, the scenera is just so small and flimsy. My DD went to a Britax after the scenera and is now in a Nautilus. Those are some very well made car seats and I just felt the Scenera was not. HOWEVER. It is really great that you are extended rear facing. And, they always say that it doesnt matter which car seat you get as long as it fits your baby and fits in your car. I just like some of the extra protection other car seats offer.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 9:21 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Yea I agree, it would be much better if I could have a sturdier carseat, but for now I'm just concerned about leaving her rear-facing, and I'm so broke the scenera was seriously all I could afford. I know that I have her carseat installed properly and I use the carseat properly when Anabelle's in it, so I think she'll be safe until I can save up enough to buy something better.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 2:05 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Well you are doing the best you can and doing what is best for baby. Good Job MaMa. I know how hard it is to come up with money for important stuff- we sold our trampoline and playhouse- I had to buy two car seats so it was really hard on us... but she didnt use that stuff anyways and needed a car seat more lol.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 2:40 PM on May. 8, 2009