Do you believe that "Islam teaches hate"?

If so, what links and proof do you have to back that up? Do you REALLY believe that every single Islamic human being on this earth is an American-hating terrorist?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:48 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Some teach to kill cut off the heads etc of Christians/Americans.. Israelis/Jews sure.No I do not think every single one is a terrorist.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• No, I don't think the religion teaches hate.
    There are crazy hate filled zealots in every religion.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Saying Islam teaches hate because there are violent extremists who claim to be Muslim is like saying that -true Christianity teaches hate because there are violent extremists who claim to be Christian.

Muslim EXTREMISTS took part in 9/11.
    Real Muslims were just as shocked and horrified by 9/11 as everyone else.
    Christian EXTREMISTS kill abortion doctors, beat GLBT people to death, and said I should be given the death penalty for committing blasphemy by saying 'Good Lord!!'
    Real Christians tell those jerks that they are in fact jerks and not true Christians, and that the only 'person' who has a right to judge or punish others for their 'sins' is God.

No religion is inherently evil.
    All religions have extremists.

People need to learn the difference between the two.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 7:03 PM on May. 7, 2009

• No. Only zealots and extremists that give the religion a bad name. Just like any other religion.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:04 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Absolutely not. Islamic Muslims are not hateful, evil people. I personally know many and I am not middle eastern. I have known them to be kind and caring people who happily welcome people into their circle and treat them like family and with respect. Most are very humble no matter how well off they are financially and would bend over backwards to help someone in need. Contrary to popular belief, the do not hate the American people. What they hate and disagree with is our corrupt Government and what it has done and continues to do under the guise of democracy.
    Anonymous

• There is considerable irony in hearing that Islam is a peaceful religion, but it advocates the slaughter of those who "disrespect" it. Just as Jesus Christ says in Matthew 12:33, "you will know a tree by the fruit it bears." In other words, a religion that advocates violence is not a religion of peace. Christians are commanded by Jesus to share the gospel with the world. In Islamic countries, doing so can bring about the death penalty. Who is intolerant? ... doesn't sound very peaceful to me... One of the teachings of islam is, "NO Other Religion will be accepted exept ISLAM   Any one who is not islam or willing to convert to islam is considered to be an infidel and an infidel is to be killed... America needs to learn the truth before it's too late...

Anonymous

• No, I don't fall for extremist Xtian propaganda.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:39 PM on May. 7, 2009

• No.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 7:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I believe all religion teaches hate.

Think about it.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 8:05 PM on May. 7, 2009