How long in advance do you start planning for your childs birthday party?

I started planning my DDs first birthday party when she was about 3 months old. lol I always make a big deal about parties and always want it to be extravagant. I started plannig today for her 2nd birthday and its October 29th.
Anybody else do this? or am i just crazy? lol

mommyBrooke849

Asked by mommyBrooke849 at 6:54 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I plan way in advance also, getting decorations on clearance MONTHS ahead of time.....saves me TONS of money! Her b-day is November so I always hit up the Halloween clearance racks for candy for the goodie bags and at the end of summer most of the decorations go on clearance at Party City here. I also LOVE to plan a party and make sure it's going to be a TON of fun! Last year for my dd's 3rd b-day I set up a whole Dora adventure with an actual 'forest' made out of fake leaves, vines and our cat tower! lol We had different rooms in our house decorated for different things on the map that we found in the box where the goodie bags were supposed to be (cause Swiper took them, left a note and then we had to get backpack to get the map) the kids had a blast and were super excited when they saw that Swiper had stolen the stuff! lol It was awesome!!
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 6:59 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Oh like a month.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:07 PM on May. 7, 2009

• One month in advance.
    Anonymous

• I'm trying to plan dd's b-day now its september 12 still need to pick the theme
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 7:34 PM on May. 7, 2009