Anyone had their teeth whittened professionally? Were you satisfied & how long did the treatment last?

Also, did you find it was worth it? Other than crest strip etc & toothpaste did anyone try anything else with gratifying results? Just wondering before I invest in this very expensive treatment, especially during these hard times & recession. Thank you all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I havent tried many different things, and Ive thought of getting it professionally but its soo expensive I think. I use the BrightLight. I think it works great! whats really nice is you only have to leave it on for 10mins and you only have to use it once to get results not once a day for 10 days or something. it comes with a mouth piece almost like a mouth guard for sports. You put the paste in the mouth piece put it in your mouth then put the light against your teeth and close your mouth (it also has a little piece so when you close your mouth it holds the light there) and you press the button. Its one of those bright blue lights like the ones that they use at professional places. And the best part is you dont have to time it, it shuts off when its done! I would definatley recommend it! Im pretty sure I got it for around 20$ at walmart. And it was good for 4-6 uses. :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• sorry its acutally called WhiteLight
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:55 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I've tried them all out. Here's the verdict lol The one hour in office treatments have good initial results that don't last as long as you want and your teeth hurt for weeks afterwards. It was horrible pain! I wouldnt suggest wasting your $400 on it!
    The trays from the dentist are expensive too and you have to wear them for hours a day and they kept making me gag. I hated it but they did have great results that lasted a while.
    The Crest whitening strips work well although they do slide around a lot and it only covers the front six teeth. I've also tried Avon's new Beautifully Bright Advanced Teeth Whitening System
    and I had very good results with it and it didn't make my teeth sensitive. Its only $14.99 and you can get it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:55 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I had the dentist do mine like 3 years ago--they are not VIVID, but they are still pretty white. It was worth the $$.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Thank you all for your response. Have a great weekend ;)
    Anonymous