TTC after birth control....

Why do doctor's say to wait about 3 months before TTC a baby?? I stopped the pill right before my last period (April 6th) and we TTC right away...is that bad? (by the way, still no period, still waiting on my BFP)

mamie2shoes

Asked by mamie2shoes at 7:22 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• They usually say that because for some women their cycles are messed up for a couple of months after stopping the pill. After only one month off my cycle is pretty normal despite my first pill-free cycle was 50 days!! It's just a recommendation so that you know what your cycle is so that you can do the deed at the right time.
    Anonymous

• I dont know but i started ttc after birth control and my periods came irregular i took me 8 months to get pregnant afte stopping birth control ..goodluck
    Anonymous

• with dd I quit my pills in january and found I was pregnant in june,I dont how my periods were I dont remember..I quit these pills in march on the 19th and got my period twice that month and then in april on the 15th Im hoping bfp!!
    Lindasmama

Answer by Lindasmama at 9:22 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Because the drugs CAN take that long to get out of your system completely so why not wait and give the baby the best possible start at life with a mama clean of artificial hormones. The levels of the hormones are low and many women get pregnant while taking the pill and go on to have healthy babies, but why chance it?

We stopped 3 months before the wedding and used condoms instead and we conceived on our homenymoon!! That is not comoon and it can take up to 1 year for most couples to conceive. We must be really fertile togehter though because my second cycle while nursing after the first child we got pregnant again! We let nature space them and they are 25 months apart which is great!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:56 AM on May. 8, 2009