Is it "bad" to have a child before you're married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• No, but is it 'bad' to have a child before you have a career or higher than high school education? Um yeah.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:26 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I agree with prettyrayray
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:27 PM on May. 7, 2009

• well ya no kidding, just cause im not married doesnt mean i dont have an education
    Anonymous

• Every child is a blessing...marriage has nothing to do with it. IMO I feel it's more important to be good parents who love & nurture their children together, whether you're married or not. My fiance & I had our daughter 2yrs (she's now almost 2)after we got together & we will be married next year, but the thought of not being married had no bearing when I was pregnant or during the years that followed. Hope this helps.
    BeautifuLove

Answer by BeautifuLove at 7:31 PM on May. 7, 2009

• No. I've never been married and I have a beautiful, healthy, well-adjusted child. Why does someone HAVE to be married to have a child? Who said that was the rule?
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:31 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Not to me.

I don't believe in marriage.

I wonder what the british equivalant to a high school education is? How old are you when you leave high school?
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 7:31 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Than I must be "bad" because I had my son at 15, and never finished high school. (I got my GED and am currently enrolled in Mortuary School)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I don't think it's 'bad' to have a kid before marriage, I did it! lol
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 7:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• no not at all as long as you and him are responsible parents and take care of the child who cares don't let any one make you feel bad

Anonymous

• mum-to-be: You leave high school at 18 or 19....college usually after 2-4 years (longer for doctors, lawyers, etc...)
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 7:34 PM on May. 7, 2009