Breastfeeding Mommies?

How long did you breast-feed, or how long do you plan on breast-feeding? Also, if you breast-fed, when did you start to introduce solids in addition to breast-milk?

_Jynxx_

Asked by _Jynxx_ at 7:29 PM on May. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son self-weaned 3 days or so after his 1st bday! talk about cool timing! I would have continued if he didnt self-wean. my goal was a year! I added formula to his diet around 7 months to help with weight gain, so he wasnt exclusively breastfed the whole year, but I technically still made it to my goal! I introduced solids around 6 months. solids before 1 year is just for practice! so you dont need to do the 3 meals a day thing before 1 year, and only a little bit as a meal is necessary. it just gets them used to the textures and tastes, gets them used to the spoon, sitting at the highchair, and to test for allergies
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• my daughter is 6 months and i plan on breastfeeding till she is one then pumping after that till she turns two. i just started giving her a bit of cereal and applesauce .
    talltree

Answer by talltree at 7:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I BF for just over 9 months I wanted toi go longer but was having too many problems(she didn't want to).
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 8:25 PM on May. 7, 2009

• She'll be 2 in june, we're still breastfeeding and weaning is not in sight. I plan on letting her decide when it's time to quit.

We started solids around 10 months, she showed no interest until then.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 9:30 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My daughter is 6 months old and I just gave her cereal for the first time on Saturday, she loved it!
    MsSamanthaGrace

Answer by MsSamanthaGrace at 11:09 PM on May. 7, 2009