fever with shots... any suggestions.

My daughter is 10 weeks old and we just got her two month shots yesterday. She's been pretty warm today and when I took her temp it was 101.6. I decided to give her some infant tylonal and a little bath. Is there anything else I can do to cool her off and make her comfortable. I am trying to do the best I can and not freak out. She's not crying or anything, but she is more attached to me today then in the past, which is to be expected. Any advise would help. thank you!

oldpoohbear

Asked by oldpoohbear at 7:37 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kid's never got that high.Be sure to watch that.It should be down with the tylenol.Dress her lightly and give her some cool water to drink.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:40 PM on May. 7, 2009

• A cool bath works most of the time. Not hot and not too cool. Also babies shouldn't have a fever that high with shots. But if it does get any higher like over 102 call the doc. the doc also told me with my son if they run high fever instead of doing tylenol every 4-6 hours you can alternate between tylenol and motrin every 3 maybe even 2 hours they say it breaks the fever and faster but still check with your doc but that is what they did with my son when he had high fevers like that
    tiffanyec21

Answer by tiffanyec21 at 7:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• my doctor told me when my daughter got her first shots, that she needed baby tylenol every 4 hours to keep the fever down, and a lukewarm bath before bedtime he said it helps alot and shes probably in pain, have you been exercising her legs at every diaper change?
    x_tinky_x

Answer by x_tinky_x at 2:58 AM on May. 8, 2009

• and also you cant give a baby ibuprofen or motrin under 6 months of age
    x_tinky_x

Answer by x_tinky_x at 2:59 AM on May. 8, 2009