pain in left lower abdomen area?

I'm not even sure what you'd call it lol
but here's the story, I woke up at 8 a.m and started baking muffins and have been pretty active all day, including walking all over the mall with the hubby doing some "light" shopping etc.. I REALLY was taking it easy or so I thought by walking slow and frequently stopping to sit. Everything was fine until about 3 pm today then out of nowhere I got this intense sharp pain in my left side of my lower abdomen near my hip. lol when i felt there it felt kinda lumpy lol so i thought it could be the baby bearing down on something and that i was feeling some part of her body, but it seemed to hurt while I was walking too. it lasted about an hour , not intensifying or anything just there, and it eased up and finally went away. I got home and crashed and I'm just waking up now at 20 mins. to 8.
Did i just over do it and that was my baby and body's way of saying enough? or...what do you think?

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 7:41 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? It could be the ligaments stretching out....which can be on one side and a sharp pain or it could even be braxton hicks!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:43 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I think a combo of both I actually had a severe pain like that I felt liek i was being stabbed and my dr told me it was a form of ligament stretching and normal as long as not accompanied by bleeding or leakage LOL and my daughter gets her body not sure of its a leg etc poked out in my upper stomach which hurts liek hell till she moves so id say its all part of the joys of pregnancy
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:46 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm just over 31 weeks.
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 7:47 PM on May. 7, 2009

• also , I was advised already by the dr. to take it easy and not walk TOO much..because I am at risk of early labor due to having a short cervix and other complications. I just got diagnosed as a gestational diabetic and like I said I was REALLY trying to take it EASY, like I was waddling my way around and sat frequently to rest...I've had BH, and ligament pains..but maaaaaaaan! this was somethin lol
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 7:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

• you over did it. take it easy from here on out. don't spend all day on your feet. a lot of activity like you did today could cause you to go into preterm labor. here is a good thing i found out last night on a medical show. If a baby is born at 30 weeks it has a 90% chance of surviving outside the womb. of course it may need help breathing. but a baby born at 28 weeks has a 20% chance of surviving. Amazing how much the odds can change in a matter of 14 days...
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:52 PM on May. 7, 2009