If someone has an abortion, does the foetus go to heaven? And if so, does it grow older?

The reason i ask is that i am a true athiest. And, i had an abortion about a year ago. I'm wondering if (you're christian) you believe that the foetus went up to heaven. And if so, will it have grown since? If heaven really exsists, would i go up their and meet him/her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ok, i know I am going to cause alot of flack with this response, but here goes anyway. I believe that a soul choses when and how many times it wants to come to Earth. If, for any reason, the soul does not feel that the life it is going to lead will help it in the lesson it wants to learn, it will vacate the body. And I feel that we are all about 30 when we are back home, so the baby's spirit will be about 30.
    As for you, your spirit apparently chose the path of an atheist for this life because it felt that that would be the best way for it to learn the lesson it came here to learn. As far as I am concerned, you are living the life you are supposed to lead. You don't need to change anything to go back home when you die and meet your baby. Unless, of course, you are one of those who feels repelled by "the light" then you will just come right back here.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:24 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I believe your baby is in heaven. I don't believe it will still be a fetus but not sure what size he or she would be. Well, that's my two cents worth and I'm sure you will get different responses.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:46 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I believe that the fetus goes to Heaven and remains a baby.

If you accept that God does exist, you will go to Heaven and be reunited with your child.
    Anonymous

• What if i dont accept god, but it turns out he exsists but i only find out after i have died? am i going to go to hell for ignorance?
    Anonymous

• I truly believe that your baby (or who ever's baby) is in heaven - a woman told me a little while ago that if something happend to my kids they would not go to heaven because they have no concept of God yet. This truly made me cry but I refused to believe. God is wonderful and loving why would he not take a precious baby or child just simply because they are too young to understand who he is and what religion is. God is understanding IMO
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 7:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I believe your baby is in Heaven too. I believe that they are "real" people with souls at conception, and when they die they are innocent and God brings them home.

We all get perfect new bodies in Heaven..what they look like I don't know.

If you go to Heaven, you would meet your baby there. Just like moms who have lost babies to miscarriage will know those babies.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 7:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

God is forgiving. Pray to him. He will answer.
    Anonymous

• As for your second question, would you go to hell for not believing...I believe yes. In our society, with all the knowledge about Jesus available, there is no excuse for ignorance. You have heard the gospel message, I'm sure (Jesus loves you, died for your sins, whoever believes in him will live forever). If you choose to not believe that, that's a choice, not ignorance.

This is a huge subject that's not so simply answered, so I apologize for over-simplifying it. I know that some people want to believe, but just can't. I do believe that if you genuinely seek him he will draw near to you.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 7:54 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Sorry, but as i said, i'm an athiest, i just wondered how christians would view this. Or any other religon really.
    Anonymous

• IMO fetuses don't have souls attatched to them until at least the third trimester, so I doubt it. And even so, I also think it would choose to reincarnate again, so its a moot point.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:06 PM on May. 7, 2009