What are some fun activities for 1 year olds to do outside besides playing in the water and doing sidewalk chalk?

Activities for 1 year olds to do outside

malpal

Asked by malpal at 8:05 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A sandbox, balls (practice throwing, rolling, kicking, etc.) swing, slide, push them in a ride on...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 8:07 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My little one likes going for walks in the stroller and bubbles.
    Stacey73

Answer by Stacey73 at 8:09 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Bubbles, walks, balls, fly a kite and your child may enjoy seeing the kite high up in the sky. My daughter loves when my SO flys a kite,she just laughs.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:13 PM on May. 7, 2009

• bubbles definately my daughter is 3 and still thinks they are the best things ever. bouncy balls of all diff sizes (show how high the diff sizes bounce the bigger ones are easier to catch) , sprinkler, a small pool filled w/boats and or cups
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:22 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Bubbles. Rolling or throwing a ball. Walking to the park and going in the swing and down the slide.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Bring your child's push toy outside so he/she can practice walking/playing outside.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• paint!!!! its the best!!! buy some child friendly paint or even make your own (flour, food colouring and water) and do finger painting with them!!! they will love the pretty colours and you will love watching them... make sure they are naked or only wearing a nappy though... coz it will get messy!!! but its so worth it and you can hang up their beautiful paintings!!!
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 9:27 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My son likes to play in a big pile of dirt! I know it sounds like trailer trash but we are not. I have a pile of compost in my driveway and he pushes his trucks and cars around it and then I give him a bath!

Other ideas are picking flowers (or dandelions) having tea parties with no worries about spills or picnics.

Also I agree with bubbles.
    Anonymous

• bubbles, balls, "wrestling" (chasing him around and falling to the ground with dd/ds high in the air)(my son gets a riot out of it), swings, slides
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 10:55 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My daughter loves her little pool, her swing, her balls, her sandbox (this is new and she loves playing in it) and she loves bubbles.
    Kenzies_mama

Answer by Kenzies_mama at 11:36 PM on May. 7, 2009