Techinique for covering up pimples?

I have been breaking so bad lately. Some are big and some are small but there all around my mouth. Does anyone have any tips on how to cover up my pimples? I'm on a budget and what I use is cover girls concealer, then foundation and powder. Any help would be great.

Deb79

Asked by Deb79 at 8:08 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Physician's Formula concealer. I don't know the actual name but it is usually in a tube with 1 side that has green colored concealer and the other side is skin colored. The green works great because it covers the redness. You dab the green on first and then blend in the skin colored concealer. Physician's Formula is great because many of their make-ups do not have certain chemicals that can cause you to break out more.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:14 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I don't really worry about covering up my pimples. but when i do get them i put toothpaste on mine and let it dry. when it is dry i take a cotton ball with green alcohol (wintergreen) and wipe my whole face. that usually keeps me from breaking out too(the alcohol). I clean my face daily with facial cleaner with the micro scrubbers in them. good luck.
    also i could never use concealer because I broke out real bad. concealer also clogs your pores so your skin cannot breathe. try not using it for a couple of months and see if you stop breaking out so much
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:15 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Body Shop has a great medicated concealer with tea tree oil.
    For the breakouts, here is what I suggest: wash your face twice a day with mild soap(like and unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth. Use a light, oil free moisterizer. Once a day, before your wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes), rinse and wash. Every 3 days, add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:29 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I was gonna say a green concealer under your regular foundation. Also I know it is a little pricey at $10 a bottle but the Nuetrogena (sp?) acne control works awesome! I love it and plus (for me)the bottle last about a month and a half.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:24 PM on May. 7, 2009

• ok.. no harm intended but do not use toothpaste its a old myth that it works and it may for some people.. but what it actually does is burn the first layer of your skin its something thats in the toothpaste.. but there is this stuff by clinque you can get this at jcpenny,dillards,macys whereever.. they have a concealer for just pimple areas.. you have to be careful what you use on your pimples because it will clog the pores even more.. you are talking to a girl that breaks out very often girl.. i do not cover mine up just so they wont get worse and i hate the feeling of makeup on mine.. however i would reccommend clinque, mary kay or physicians formula
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 10:01 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Ok here is how you are supposed to apply to coverup. Start out with a primer, then apply foundation then apply the concealor over the foundation, end with a dusting of powder. I'd suggest trying the Magix Face perfector Primer from Avon, its only $10 and will make a huge difference. A bottle lasts a long time. Then try the IDEAL SHADE Cream-to-Powder Foundation SPF 15 its on sale for $7.99. Less is more when you have acne. With this product you can use it as a foundation and not need a seperate powder. You can take a concealor brush and apply an extra dab over the pimple and pat it on gently and you'll be done. you can get it at www.youravon.com/dhullum and use free shipping code fsany Hope that helps!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I noticed you said they were by your mouth. Are they more by your chin/cheek? Do you have a job where you are on the phone alot? When I started working as a receptionist I broke out real bad around that area. The quickest fix (once I realized the problem) was to wipe the phone down constantly with disinfecting or alcohol wipes and not picking at them. Once I started doing that they were gone pretty quick.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:48 AM on May. 8, 2009