How can I deal with my 15yr old daughters additude?

Beeman

Asked by Beeman at 10:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Patience? I suppose more detail would make for a better answer.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 10:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Try showing some interest in her and things she is interested in-and really listen. Have "boundaries" though that are firm but loving. Choose carefully the mountains you are willing to die on. In other words, give her some space and choices she can make in areas that are not "life or death matters."
    amoonstar

Answer by amoonstar at 10:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Maybe also reconnect w her and do a mom and daughter day to a spa or something? good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 11:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Stay out of her hair but don't let her run wild! She'll come around when she matures
    meghancooper

Answer by meghancooper at 11:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i would video record her or voice record her and but dont let her know and then play it back to her so she can tell she was being bad
    Anonymous

• I agree with amoonstar and meghancooper above. Love her, tell her so, when possible, don't blow up over the small stuff, be kind, remember how how it was to be 15 and multiply times at least 10, forgive much, you are the grown up. Make your rules sensible and not too many of them.
    Mamma_Tree

Answer by Mamma_Tree at 2:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I have a 16 year old daughter and her attitude is simply rude and intolerable at times but I simply tell her when she get's that stinky attitude "Your attitude affects YOU not ME" she straitens it up then because she hate's when I ignore her at those times. I get to laugh it off.
    AuntieVetta

Answer by AuntieVetta at 8:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Your not alone! Mine is a boy and attitude as well, I pretend not to notice and love 'em up, I hug him and kiss him and when he really is poopy I really remind him that I am sorry he has to be in puberty because it sucks! Never take it personal it is a tough time and she knows your a safe place to vent, be the safe place, she will grow up, promise. My children are 30, 27 and 14 and I know I will wings in heaven with my name on it!!!!! I love this site use it because again your not alone, best luck!!!!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 5:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have a 16 yr old daughter who gives me attitude occasionally. Now from previous experiences with my older 2 children, it is a peer pressure thing. All kids are going to try and see how far they can push the envelope. I have a really good relationship with my kids and we talk every night about things that are going on in their lives. They know that they can come to me over anything. I may not want to hear everything but I have given them that outlet and it shows them how confident I am in their choices. Just take the time to listen, watch the facial expressions, there seems to be something inside them that needs to come out and once you get to the heart of it and why there is an attitude you both can work on improving it.
    joaniemac

Answer by joaniemac at 9:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• We've been doing Mother/daughter days, once a month, since 13, and it does help.
    ToldUNo

Answer by ToldUNo at 1:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2008