Not a good dad

My sons father doesnt care to spend much time with him. Is it wrong that other men treat my son more like a dad then his own dad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• of course it's wrong that they treat him more like a dad than his own dad. his dad should be ashamed of himself. However, for your son's sake it's good he has men who care about him and take an interest in him.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:19 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Anyone can be a daddy it takes a real man to be a father. He's dad is not anything but a sperm donor. If he does'nt want to be in his life then thats his lost not yours. If your son has a good man in his life then let him stick around. For his dad if he does'nt want to be around now then tell him he needs to stay out of your childs life for good. It's alot easier said then done but, you need to put your foot down and when and if dad comes around in a year or 10 years from now don't allow him to see or speak to him believe me your child will thank you in years to come..Good Luck
    Anonymous

• Its not wrong that they do it, its wrong that hes a dead beat dad. I think if you meet a nice guy, who will be there for your son, he can be his dad, not his father, but his dad =)
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 8:57 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It's not wrong ... what's wrong is that your son's father isn't the dad he needs. My DH grew up without his father around. He lived in the same city, and paid child support, but wasn't supportive at all. He didn't go to sport games, didn't go to college graduation, didn't watch him play college sports ... so basically a dead-beat father, but paid.

Honestly, my DH has said that my father is more of a father than his own dad. My dad does tons of things with him and it makes him with his own dad was that way. I know he's happy that he does have that older male figure in his life, and he definitely knows what NOT to do with our son :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Yes.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 11:20 PM on May. 7, 2009