Food Stamp Question

I was wondering if I can use our Food Stamp EBT card if my husband isnt there. He signed the back of the card but we both applied for the food stamps. I just wasnt sure if they asked for ID if I would get in trouble. I do most of the grocery shopping without him so I sure hope I dont need him there. Does anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• when we had them, we both used the card. i don't remember them ever asking for id. my name was on the card application but my husband used it when he was by himself.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:16 PM on May. 7, 2009

• You use it like a debit card, so they shouldn't ask for your ID.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 8:16 PM on May. 7, 2009

• you just need the pin number

Answer by admckenzie at 8:17 PM on May. 7, 2009

• you just have to have the pin number
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 8:28 PM on May. 7, 2009

• your fine they don't ask for ID. as long as you know the pin #.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:30 PM on May. 7, 2009

• As long as you have the PIN number you can use it. My FIL has them and he sends me or DH to the store with his for groceries all the time. We just use it like debit card and there are no problems.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 8:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• No, you can use it. They don't ask for ID or anything, at least not in Georgia. My dh runs into the store for me all the time.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 11:17 PM on May. 7, 2009