• In the Spotlight:

As a child what was the funkiest wallpaper or item in your house?

I grew up in the 60's and 70's, was in high school in the early 80's. As a kid my parents had yellow and gold and lime green daisy wallpaper in my bedroom, the ceiling was also wallpapered and I had dark green shag carpeting. I loved that room. Doesn't matter what year you grew up in. Seems like a fun question to ask.

nan16

Asked by nan16 at 8:19 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I hated the mushroom wallpaper that was in our kitchen and bathroom. it was an ugly yellow and green color. I hate those colors. our bathtub, sink, sink in the kitchen, counters, and stove were all green but out fridge was yellow.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:22 PM on May. 7, 2009

• we had those annoying bead curtains at every doorway which I hated so much, I use to yank em down but mom would put it right back up.. Thank god she upgraded to real doors before my teen yrs.
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:25 PM on May. 7, 2009

• We had "country" wallpaper in my kitchen growing up that had chickens all over it and blue specs. It was soooo ugly. Ewwwwww haha I haven't thought about that in a long time.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• When I was in kindergaten we rented a house with brown and orange racecar wallpaper in mine and my little sisters room. We hated it so we slowly peeled it off. MY parents were so mad when they realized they would have to remove the rest.
    In my in-laws house they had some funky wallpaper in the upstairs bathroom. It was bathroom scenes complete with nudey pencil drawings. too funny!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:35 PM on May. 7, 2009

• uumm that would be our yellowish shag carpet..
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 8:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

• the beach panelling in my grandparents house... it's still there. lmao. It's got the beach with waves and seagulls, and sand... and wood paneling on the other walls in the room.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:17 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Dark wood panneling and orange and gold shag carpet in the family room. Holy crap I am having a Carol Brady flash back lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:36 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I'm not sure which was worse... the ugly wallpaper everyone had, or the ugly shag carpet colors.
    Atleast you could change the walpaper tho, couldn't change the color or texture of the carpets.
    My Mom came up with black and red 12"x12" squares that she had all over the wall and it looked like a giant size checker board. I hated too that people always kept the houses so dark with thick blankets on the windows and yea in the doorways too.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:14 PM on May. 10, 2009