How old was your baby when they didn't want to be swaddled anymore?

I think I swaddled my baby girl a total of 5 times. Even when she was newborn she'd work her hands out of it. Around 2 wks old and she hated it altogether. Lol, I think that's pretty rare.
She is 4 months old now and I can't remember the last time I swaddled her.

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 8:30 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow, I think he was like 5 months? I don't really remember, but it was when he was able to get his arms out. I'd tie that sucker up super tight ... 5 minutes later one of his arms would be out smacking himself in the face! That was it ... no more swaddling.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:37 PM on May. 7, 2009

• mine was about 2 months old, but i could never do it, dh had to do it she always squirmed out of it if i did it, but she liked being swaddled, typical girl even though she likes it shes going to be difficult about it hehe
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:31 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have two children and neither one of them liked being swaddled. they slept better with out it. they hated it and always wiggled out of it.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My daughter is 10 months old and still likes to be swaddled. I don't see her wanting to be un-swaddled in the near future...
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:38 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Mine was about 4 days old. She would scream and thrash until the blanket came undone, then she'd relax.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:43 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Mine is 9 weeks and she still loves it.
    I can't get it tight enough, my fiance has to do it before bed or esle she gets her arms out and wakes herself up.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:23 PM on May. 7, 2009

• we stopped swaddling in the hospital he never liked it lol but he does like to fall asleep touching me with his feet or another part of his body so cute lol
    ajc0623

Answer by ajc0623 at 9:42 PM on May. 7, 2009

• we stopped swaddling my dd when she was about 3 days old. she would scream and cry until she got free and then she'd be fine.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• DS loved it for about 2 weeks, and then he would move so much he wouldn't stay swaddled, but even as early as the day I brought him home he would work his hands loose and didn't like them to be pinned down. I think every baby is different, but it was very useful when he would let me do it.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• my daughter never liked to be swaddled...since day 1...she would kick and fuss until we took it off
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 10:09 PM on May. 10, 2009