weak wrist?

my daughter is 3, last night while i was outside my brother thought she slammed a book on her finger, he heard what he thought was the book slamming but said it was weird b/c it was like a pop almost. her hand was fine so i didn't think anything of it. well just now she was running from the window b/c she heard thunder and she went to jump onto the couch between her uncle and g-pa and when she put her wrist on the couch there was a pop again. she cries for like 2 mins and her fingers, and wrist all move normally, aren't swollen and didn't swell last night. anyone have any ideas? this is something new its never done that before, or at least not that we know of. so has anyone had kids who's wrists just pop randomly? and what can i do to make it so that its not as painful if its something that she is just gonna have to deal with, i was already planning on calling her doc in the a.m. about something else so i well mention this the

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 8:30 PM on May. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• you may want to take her to her pediatrician. get the doc. to check her joints and tell her what is going on. she may have a problem with the joints in her wrist. you really need to get that checked. especially since it has happened more than once and it causes her pain.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:37 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have that. My wrists are very weak. I had some cysts in them when I was a teen. One of them has been removed but the others I think are still there. They are harmless and very common but I think thats what makes my wrists so weak. If I were to fall down and try to brace myself with my wrist, it wouldprobably break. I went skating not too long ago and I was paranoid about falling because I knew I would hurt my wrists. So I just was very cautious. I almost busted once, but managed to stay on my feet.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:33 AM on May. 8, 2009