how do you decide what color to use for your eye shadow?

do you match the color with you clothes or with your eyes?? thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• ok sweetie.. what color eyes do you have? you should def match it with the color of your eyes if you want them to pop girlfriend! i have blue eyes and blue is usually with a green or brown..however if you have dark brown it is usually matched well with gold-bronze colors especially in the summer go with lighter colors to make your eyes glow! and you really dont have to buy a real expensive eyeshadow for the glow. i have blue eyes and i use a green usually but im not sure if u have heard of the brand wet-n-wild it is a lot cheaper than most brands and are the same usage girl! now.. if you are wearing a pink or whatever color(colorful shit) she is right i wouldnt wear a bright green or red of something iffffff you use the shadow for most of the eye. i only use small proportion now if you use a lot to really show dont use dramatic colors.. good luck :)
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 9:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Whatever I feel like that day. It ranges from neon green to dark brown.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 8:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i always match it with my shirt. i hate seeing people with a red shirt and wearing bright green eye shadow. i never go dark or bright. i always go light and pastel. i think it looks more classy and not so outrageous.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• almay makes a line of colors that is based on your eye color, i know for blue eyes it is diff shades of brown, i don't know about the other eye colors. but i love the one for blue eyes, the brown really does bring out the blue. theres a mascara and eye liner as well.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:34 PM on May. 7, 2009

• You can either match it with your clothes, which is what I do occasionally, or the rule is you want to go with a color that contrasts your eye color. For example I have blue eyes so I use brown eye shadow most of the time. If you have brown eyes you should use blue, green, purple eyeshadow. Green eyes use pink or a pinkish brown shade.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:39 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I just match it to whatever I'm wearing, I have green eyes so most colors go with them.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 8:42 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I match it with what I wear unless I am wearing black or gray and then I wear green since it's the color that looks best on me with reddish brown eyes and auburn hair. I wear a lot of green tops so, I usually have green eyeshadow on.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 9:04 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i use the stuff from almay that is supposed to bring out my eye color. but sometimes i just take the easy route and do a smoky eye.. my dh really likes that.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:48 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I try to match with what I'm wearing, although I do have blue eyes so blues are always out. I will wear brown earthtones for day or if I'm wearing bright lipstick. Rule of thumb: either play up lips or eyes but never both.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:22 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I use the same colors every day. I switch it up when Cosmo has drugstore brands on their cover model and I buy the same colors she's wearing.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 11:08 PM on May. 7, 2009