is it a good idea to put the twins bassenet in the same room as my 3 year old the day they come home?

babyb1

Asked by babyb1 at 8:42 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would wait and see how the 3 year old does. My 2 year old LOVES his sister but is so rough with her. Plus he can climb in the crib. When you do decide to put them together, they will wake each other up at first, but within a week or so should adjust.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:46 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i wouldn't personally, my dd is that age and whenever she tells me about her baby brother shes holding a baby doll by its head or something. they are just so curious you don't know for sure the 3 yr old won't try to help and pick one up. and the babies may wake up the 3 yr old in the middle of the night. but thats just me
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I personally would never put a newborn in a different room from me, 3 year old or not, but that's just me. Our pedatrician recommends babies sleep in the room with parents until at least 8 weeks but I keep my babies in my room until about 6 months which is when they tend to out grow the cradle.
    Anonymous

• um hello No... u hear about SIDS all the time .. Arent u going too keep checkn on ur babies throughout the nite? i know i am.. i hear some 1 here on CM baby dieing of sids please keep ur newborns out the room with ur 3 yr old he may wanna play with the twins pick them up as if they where a baby doll
    Anonymous

• Not the best idea to do. Shes use to being an only child and there two more baby coming into the home she needs to get use to the fact that shes gonna have to share mommy and daddy. I would wait a little while before you put them all in the same room.
    Anonymous

• I think having newborn twins in his room will disturb his sleep -- and you don't want two newborns and a cranky 3-yr-old! Besides, until they sleep through the night it's just easier to keep them in your room. I agree with the post that mentions that he shouldn't have to share his room in this adjustment period.
    Linguist_Mommy

Answer by Linguist_Mommy at 9:11 PM on May. 7, 2009

• no
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:28 PM on May. 7, 2009

• No, I wouldn't do that to your child. She won't get any sleep and then you'll have a cranky toddler along with newborns to deal with. Besides, newborn babies should sleep in their parents room for the first couple months at least. I am pregnant, and there is no way I will put this baby in a room with my other kids. I can only assume that the reason you'd do that is so they're not keeping you up at night in your room, but how is that fair to the other kids?
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 9:58 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I would choose that, but it is up to you I guess.
    Anonymous