Which diapers do you prefer for your newborn?

Also is it worth it to get a Costco membership for diapers?

spbeta

Asked by spbeta at 8:48 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it is totally worth it for diapers and wipes

and I loved the pampers for newborns, it has a little groove cut out to make room for the umbilical cord while its healing.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I personally liked Luvs, they are not as pricey as some of the others and they worked very well for all 3 of my kids. As for costco, I am sorry never been in there and I have no idea how much diapers are now, my youngest is 7.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Honestly, I think it's going to depend on how your baby is built. Mine dd was born 9.1lbs and 22.5 inches. She was long and lean and we tried every kind of diaper, but the only ones she didn't have explode-O-poo/pee diapers in was the Parents Choice from Walmart. Kind of nice for us since they're the cheapest too. I know that doesn't help, but all I can advise is that you buy a few different kinds and see which fit the best
    casperswife

Answer by casperswife at 8:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• for my dd only pampers swaddlers didn't leak on her. but it took awhile for us to figure that out. at the begining i would buy one small pack of each style and see what you like best b/c each kid really is diff
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• We used Pampers when he was a newborn, and now Luvs @ 8 months.
    Anonymous

• We only use Huggies in this house..anything else leaves DS with a red bottom.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 9:04 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have always used walmart brand and walmart brand wipes.( Parents choice) I don't like pampers i do like for every package you buy gives a child a vaccine but i don't like the diapers Huggins are a good brand as well. I don't like luvs at all the fall apart. They suck.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:10 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Pampers swaddlers are the only one's that really work on my son. He is still a newborn so I hope he grows out of those kind and into a little cheaper kind but until then only pampers.
    MalakiahsMommy

Answer by MalakiahsMommy at 9:17 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i would use cloth!!!!! i work in child care and i hate the horrible rashes that babies get with disposable nappies... the cloth diapers are softer on their skin and just more comfy for the child....
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 9:19 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Pampers swaddlers untill about 3 or 4 weeks. Then now we use pampers baby dry. They soak up sooo much pee and hardly leak unless she has a huge runny poo lol.
    She is 9 weeks.

I tried parents choice and ugh they sucked hard
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:21 PM on May. 7, 2009