Is anyone else miffed that they have to spend "their mother's day" with MIL?

I mean it is my mother's day too. I should be allowed to do whatever I want. I know I am just being selfish, but ITS MY DAY!!! I have to spend all my other holidays w/ her, even my b-day. I just want to relax and hang out w/ my dh and kids. Anyone else feel the same.

4monkees

Asked by 4monkees at 8:48 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• maybe do lunch with her and dinner w/your family or vice versa...mine lives far enough away so its not an issue...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I get to spend mothers day working.

BUT I got all in a huff last week and mentioned to my SO about how I was sure he hadn't even planned anything for ME and it would be all about HER and how I was a mother too yadda yadda yadda, only for him to turn around and tell me that yes, he had something planned out for me but that I just took the surprise out.
    Then I got to thinking that he just said that to make me feel bad, but it was later confirmed via his brother that he had plans for me...

Guess I screwed up, huh? lol
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• We're doing lunch with my mom AND my MIL at the same time and after the day is MINE!!!
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 8:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I wish I could spend mothers' day with my MIL. She was sweet. She died 10 years ago.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:56 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that we took mil her present today dh had today off and I'm spending mothers day with my dd and my mommy!
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Do bruch and then go do what you want to do. It is our day and you can do whatever you want to do. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:01 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I left out she doesn't drive and lives about an hour away. So we either have to go get her and bring her back here and then take her back home or go to her place. She lives in a tiny upstairs appartment. Not exaclty kid friendly.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 9:07 PM on May. 7, 2009

• That's nothing - my hubby invited my mil AND sil and then they invited my sil in-laws. Crazy, huh?
    Anonymous

• Anon 909 I would ask him what he is cooking and how fast he is gonna have your ouse clean for them? That is SO messed up.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 9:10 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I think Mothers'Day is for everyone in the family-Moms, Grandmas, Aunts,etc. and I see no problem getting together with all of them. Its fun to all be together and I don't need it to just be MY day. Share,ladies!!!!
    Anonymous