Any home remedy for a UTI?

I had a bladder infection a month ago, then went to the doc for a pap and everything was fine. It seems like I have another bladder infection. I have been taking Uristat and cranberry pills. I have frequent urination and lower side back pain. Anything suggestions on something over the counter? Im trying to avoid paying another copay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Health

• Cranberry everything. Cranberry juice, cranberry pills, actual cranberries. And what usually works for me is not going to the bathroom every time I get that urge to go and then it ends up only being a little...just try and hold off as long as you can by not going to the bathroom so you can acutally build up a full bladder which will help wash out those germies more quickly.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• careful... if left untreated can spread to your kidneys thats what happened to my SIL she was doing what you were doing drinking a lot of water and cranberry juice
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 9:09 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Try a cranberry juice concentrate. Not the concentrate in the "fake" sense, but the reall potent (tart/tangy/bitter) cranberry juice that is soooo thick, and you have to mix with water. This is what I did, along with upping my intake of probiotics, and I got better!
    Anonymous

• tons of cranberry juice and tons of water nothin else
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:38 AM on May. 8, 2009

• no caffiene. no alchohol. no spicy foods. lots and lots of water. concentrated cranberry capsules. yogurt. if you develop a fever or lower back pain, get to a doctor immediately.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:20 PM on May. 8, 2009

• You should go to the doctor.
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 7:17 PM on May. 10, 2009