along the mothers day line....

what was your worst?
mine was my first, my DH woke up in the a.m. called his grandmother and 3 of his aunts to tell them happy moms day. nothing to me so i was thinking there was a surprise later...well that night he called his mom when she got off work and i hear over the phone his dad say so what did you get jessi? and he was like oh ummm yeah she doesn't need anything she already knows shes special. which is code for oh sh** i forgot about my wife's first mothers day. needless to say i was a little disappointed, and insisted on ordering out for dinner b/c i was upset and didn't feel like cooking for anyone on "my day".

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 8:52 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My worst would have to be my first mother's day with out my mom she was also getting buried that day which sucked even more.
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:01 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My first was the worst also. My hubby and I were sepreated at the time and he was with someone else. And SHE ended up getting me a present, but he didn't.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:21 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It was my first Mothers Day, last year as a matter of fact. DH woke up and called his mom and called his daughter cause it was his day to talk to her, and he told his ex-wife Happy Mothers Day. She in turn texted me to tell me Happy Mother's Day (mind you, we STRONGLY dislike one another). DH did not once say Happy Mother's Day to me, and when I got upset and told him he ruined my day, he shot back with I ruined his surprise, gave me a Mom bracelet and a gift cert. to the spa and went to bed without saying Happy Mother's Day. It was awful. He better make up for it this year! LOL
    Kaci_Eden

Answer by Kaci_Eden at 9:23 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i have never had a good mothers day and im sure this year will be no different it always ends up being about my mom Ill call and wish her a happy mothers day and she wont say it back ill have to say something to dh and he will say something but do nothing
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 10:36 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I was pregnate 3 years ago on mothers day, hubby didn't think I warrented a present but when he figured out I was upset he went and bought flowes then kinda tossed them too me and said "hope your happy"
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:37 AM on May. 8, 2009