Am I starting to go into labor?

I'm a first timer so i'm really paranoid and nervous. I'm 34 weeks along and have already gone into preterm labor twice. Once at 32 weeks and the second time last week. The doctors managed to give me a few shots to stop the contractions both times and said my cervix was still closed so there was nothing to worry about. Now i'm not feeling contractions but for the past 3 days i've been having sharp pains down there when the baby moves. It feels like he's tearing the bottom of my uterus to the point i'm scared he's going to break it and come flying out, not to mention it's quite painful.

Does anybody know if this means i'm starting to go into labor?

JennBroome

Asked by JennBroome at 8:56 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so. Have you talked to your doctor? Call him in the morning. I have had stabbing pains with all my pregnancies and they are very annoying (and hurt). You'll be done soon!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:01 PM on May. 7, 2009

• You should report any sharp pains to your obgyn right away- just call them and tell them whas going on. It could be something or nothing- only your obgyn can tell you. Good luck & feel better
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 9:02 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I've talked to my OBGYN and all she told me was that my pain is muscular and that she could prescribe me some muscle relaxers. But forgive me if I refuse to trust someone that gave that diagnosis over the phone.
    JennBroome

Answer by JennBroome at 9:13 PM on May. 7, 2009

• you could be, but i am 36 weeks and i am having pains like that daily. more when i lay down to go to bed and the baby is moving. have you tried to take a hot bath and use a heating pad? i went to the docter last week and i had not even dalated any i go back today and the pains i have been having are getting worse so we will see. good luck i hope everything goes good for you and you new baby!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 8, 2009