Spanish class/food

My son just came home and tells me that he has to take a traditional Spanish dish to class next week. He's not doing well in Spanish so I really want it to be good, maybe get him some brownie points. Thanks!

the3jsandme

Asked by the3jsandme at 9:02 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I can help you ,just let me know what type of dish you would like to make.
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:10 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Ah, well I lived in Spain for three years so maybe I can help! 2 of the more traditional Spanish dishes are Tortilla (like a potato and onion omelet) and gazpacho (very delicious cold tomato soup). Here are links to good recipes for both:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Gazpacho-Andaluz/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tortilla-Espanola-Spanish-Tortilla/Detail.aspx

Have fun, Spanish food is absolutely delicious!

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:32 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Ooooh, now I have a craving for paella! Not an easy dish to make, though.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:59 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Homemade salsa and tortilla chips. Qusedillas. Good luck!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Tortilla chips and quesadillas are mexican, not spanish. the spanish don't eat salsas and quesadillas or tacos or anything like that. Stick with classic dishes like the paella which is very difficult to make, bread and olives and queso manchego, jamon if you can find it, gazpacho, tortilla espanola, there's more, just google Spanish tapas.
    Anonymous

• This is usually served cold. Bring thinly sliced baguettes to serve with it. SPANISH VEGETABLE STEW WITH EGGPLANT

5 tbsp olive oil
    4 medium onions, chopped
    4 large green bell peppers, chopped
    4 large tomatoes, chopped
    1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
    1/8 tsp cayenne
    1/4 tsp paprika
    salt (to taste)
    water (as needed)

In a heavy skillet, heat oil and saute onions.

Add other ingredients, stirring well so that they are coated with the oil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or till the peppers are cooked but firm. Add water if the casserole is too dry.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:02 PM on May. 8, 2009

• And the only way to do well in a foreign language class is to study, study, study. Your son should make note cards at least once a week; a set for vocabulary and a set for grammer.Watching Spanish soap operas on TV will help him develop his "ear".

Answer by rkoloms at 11:05 PM on May. 8, 2009