Kickin?

I am a first time mom to be. I am 20 weeks and I have a few friends who are also pregnant. They all say they have felt their baby kicking but I have not, or at least I don't think I have. Most things I read say you should feel it by now. Is it something I should be worried about, or am I just being silly?

nmarie13

Asked by nmarie13 at 9:05 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try drinking a glass of cold water or eating a meal then lay dow for a little while- u might start feeling little flutterings not like butterflies as u might have heard but more like a little whoosh and a little tap tap tap rythm- if u dont feel it yet dont be worried- ur baby is probably just calm but ull def feel them by 24 to 26 weeks
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:19 PM on May. 7, 2009

• some people feel the baby kick later like around 24 weeks or so, but you might be feeling your baby move and not realize it, I have twins inside me so you would think that I couldve been able to tell whether it was just gas bubbles or babies but nope couldnt tell till I was like 6 months
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 9:07 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Don't worry about it! I kept track of when I thought it might be the baby, and then several weeks later I KNEW it was the baby. Besides, some babies don't move as much or kick as hard. My second born was SO still in the womb (but HYPER now)!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:17 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Sometimes with you 1st it takes longer to feel a kick. U may be missing the butterfly feeling, but it'll be soon.
    Anonymous