Would you ever buy a vibrator for your daughter?

My dh and I were discussing this today. We decided we would rather she have a vibrator than have sex.
What do you think? If yes at what age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on May. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sure. It depends on how mature she is, both emotionally & physically. 15, maybe? Earlier, if she starts showing an interest in sex.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 10:45 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Nope, I would never buy my daughter one.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:14 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Are you insane? omg..... Tennage girls have sex to be cool... NOT for pleasure! I know I did and I wasnt having a orgasm W/ my teenage boyfriend. I had sex, so he would like me. SO NO a vibrator isnt gonna keep her from having sex if she wants to. Explain to her she could get pregnant and there are STD's. And she doesnt need to have sex to fit it either.
    Anonymous

• Hell NO!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 9:16 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Never...never, ever. I understand your point, but just the thought of giving my dd something for sexual satisfaction grosses me out.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:16 PM on May. 7, 2009

• whether you like it or not, shes gonna have sex when she wants to you cant stop her sorry to be so rude about it but its the truth. I would never buy my daughter a vibrator, she can do that one herself i dont need to know about it
    Anonymous

• If she was an adult and asked fo one, id gvet her one as a joke, but not if she is like 14 or younger, nasty!! and if she did get one behind my back then i guess i wouldnt know about it eh?
    Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 9:17 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Why?! I didn't even have the big O until 35 (maybe that was my problem, I didn't have one as teen ) loland besides, she couldn't handle it until she is a mature adult!!!
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:22 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Maybe if she was an adult, but teenagers have sex, it's what they do. (I know only 2 people over the age of 18 who are still virgins) A vibrator will not deter her.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:22 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Absolutely not! Masturbation is a WAYYYYYYY personal thing that parents do not need to be involved in. If my parents bought me a vibrator I would be freaked the F* out and would never use it and to ask them to get it the hell away from me. And buying her a vibrator isn't going to keep her from having sex. If she is in a situation where she could have sex, she isn't going to think "oh no thank you I have a vibrator my parent's bought me. I'll just use that instead." If she wants to do it than she will.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:24 PM on May. 7, 2009