My 2 year old doesnt stay in his bed

We moved my son to his big boy bed a couple months ago but he wont stay in it. I find him asleep on the floor from playing with toys all night. How can I get him to stay in his bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son does the same thing! We have to check on him multiple times after we put him in bed and if he doesnt stay in the bed he gets disciplined
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 11:43 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I would stay in there with him untill he falls asleep if you are finding him on the floor. My son is 28months old and sleeps in his crib next to our bed even though he has his own room. This way if he needs me Im right there but pretty soon we are going to move the crib to his room cause husband and I are trying for baby #2 and I cant fit both of them in our room lol.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:36 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I'd listen for him to get out then go back put him right back in (at least until you go to bed). he's learning about freedom! You don't say how long you think he's staying up playing. Assuming he's getting a reasonable amount of sleep and isn't a total bear the next day, why not just let him sleep on the floor? He's eventually going to realize that the bed is a lot more comfortable and it will stop. This may fall into the bucket of "choosing your battles".
    Anonymous