When should I be taking a pregnancy test...??

So, a little bit of information.
Because of my insanely irregular periods, or lack of (Told by 5 doctors I could not get pregnant... didn't have a period since I was 17 - got pregnant at 20.), I'm just curious as to when I should take one.
After the birth of my son, I did have a period on the dot every other month - towards the end. But on January, that stopped. A few days ago, I started spotting. Nothing but old brown blood, then the next couple days were varied - brown blood to pink blood; only when I wipe.
When I was pregnant with my son, I started spotting - thought it was my period coming at last after a 3+ year hiatus, but it wasn't.

I don't have sore breasts yet, full time, anyway. They come and go. I've been having cramps - never had cramps with a period... Nausea has set in today as well.

Did anyone else spot? Did it coincide with other pregnancy symptoms? And when did you get a positive HPT? Help me!

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 9:22 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I spotted with both kids. I also noticed sore breast around the same time. I never really had cramping in the very beginning but I know others who have. If you are already having possible morning sickness then I would go ahead and test because that usually starts around weeks 4-6. Maybe use one of the '5 days sooner' ones to be sure.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:28 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Take a test now. Or go to a doctor or some other place and get one done.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 9:29 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i spotted with both my pregnancys, at 1 point I almost had a misscarrage because of so much bleeding. It sounds like you could be pregnant, teat asap! And GOOD LUCK!
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 9:31 PM on May. 7, 2009

• SO...SINCE MY QUESTION WON'T LET ME EDIT - I'LL WRITE THIS IN CAPS.

I DID TAKE 2 HPTS. ONE WHILE I WAS STILL SPOTTING, AND ONE THIS MORNING. I WAS INFORMED THAT A SMALL AMOUNT OF BLOOD CAN SCREW UP THE HPT.... SO I'M WONDERING IF THAT WAS WHY IT MIGHT BE NEGATIVE???
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:35 PM on May. 7, 2009