• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else have a really bad day with their kids?

I had an amazing morning! I got dressed up and had a wonderful job interview. So amazing that I think I might have landed this job. After that it went downhill. My kids are jerks. They think I'm a freaking joke. When I say get out of the fridge they look at me like I'm retarded. When I tell them again, uhhhhhhhh nothing. They go in time outs. They get spanked. idk what the heck else to do.

A trusted friend of mine said "I'm mom." That means that they are supposed to do whatever I say, but my kids don't. How do I get them to behave? I'm at my wits end. Kids are 6 and 2, just about to turn 7 and 4.

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 9:23 PM on May. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Call nanny 911( no im just helping you to have a laugh.) You just need to never give up them they have off days to just like us stay with the time outs and the older one can lose favorite stuff they like to play with, the younger one can have time outs for now. Spanking really does'nt sovle anything i don't believe in it. But thats your choice. Put them to bed and start all over again tomorrow...GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I meant they are about to turn 7 and 3. Ugh.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:42 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My son is a jerk on a regular basis. lol I have just been staying very consistent and it seems to be letting up. I have also quit with the warning after warning crap. I say it once and he has about 10 seconds to decide if he is getting in trouble or listening. I have also started giving him choices such as 'You can clean up this mess or you can get a spanking and then clean up the mess, you decide. He has about 10 sec to decide. Another thing is when I can see that he is about to get worked up into an unwarranted tizzy I tell him ' You need to calm down because you have a choice You can chill out and we can have a very good day or you can keep this up and we can have a really bad day. This is your decision not mine. Think about it and let me know.I would say in the last 2 months since I started this he has gotten much better though we still have bad days every once in a while.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:26 PM on May. 7, 2009

• If you come up with a simple solution let me know. My problem children are 2½ going on 14 and 14MO going on 5. They are drivng me coocoo. But then we have a good day and I forget all about the nonsence they pulled the day before.
    teafan

Answer by teafan at 11:02 PM on May. 7, 2009