screaming

my almost 2 yr old will not stop screaming for no reason. Its ear piercing in pitch and drives both my husband and i crazy. we have tried multiple techniques and have had no success. Our older girls have started getting in trouble because they are instigating her. We need help and a new line of thinking. Please offer any suggestions. Thank you

ashlee84

Asked by ashlee84 at 9:32 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There has to be a reason, the hard part with a kid so young is figuring it out.

Could be a not readily visible medical concern (physical or emotional), could be for attention, could be a simple tantrum, could be because she actually likes that sound.
    Anonymous

• my son was the same way. i just calmly tell him "no more screaming".. and i dont think he knew what that meant at first, but then he figured it out. and if he kept screaming i would put him in a time out. he still does it every once in a while but he's gotten a LOT better.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 1:29 AM on May. 8, 2009