no more using buttwipes?

doctor said not to use butt wipes cause it gives him rashes, makes total sense to me but what do I do when we are out in public? Should I just carry the washcloths with me? and a bag to put it in after I wipe his butt?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:33 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you could use kleenex, or a friend of mine was told them same thing by her doc so she found the softest paper towels she could, gets them wet then puts them in a tupperware bin so she doesn't have to use washclothes all the time and she can just throw them out. when shes out she just puts some in a baggie
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:46 AM on May. 8, 2009

• sounds good to me. i know some of the groups on here where the women make their diapers they also make their own wipes maybe join one of those groups and put the question in there as well to see what they do. hope his little bum gets better
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 9:37 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I get that it gives him rashes, but I wonder if maybe you could use some sensitve skin ones on him when you are out? I don't know how often you are out, but if it's not often or for long, I would think maybe some ones designed for sensitive skin might be ok? Plus, you could then always wash his butt when you get home. Otherwise, I could suggest maybe some paper towels and get them damp. Most times you would be in a bathroom anyway, so you could just rip a few out of the thing, dampen them, and then throw them away right there.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I was given some disposable washclothes at my shower. I bet they would work as wipes if you wet them
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 9:55 PM on May. 7, 2009

• remember the pink wipe like things they give you when the baby is born in the hospital? there almost like netting or something? Try those, they are sensitive enough for a newborn. Or try Purex paper towels. Sounds bad but honestly they are the softest paper towels!! And they are pretty cheap too, they are made by kleenex. I use them for everything even on my face! I think its like 1.20 for a roll at walmart.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:46 PM on May. 7, 2009

• or also maybe its just something in the kind of wipes your using? Did you try different brands or using unscented? Or maybe its the brand of diapers? My mom had to change from Luvs because it gave my sister rashes.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:47 PM on May. 7, 2009

• use sensitive wipes and put water on it
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:13 AM on May. 8, 2009

• the sensitives were doing it to him cause thats what I use...plus I use huggies so they arent the problem. I already see a difference in his rash just from today and not using the wipes. Thanks ladies..I will do the last posts idea!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:16 AM on May. 8, 2009