What are ALL the birthcontrol avaible about there

Ok so i have been on depo, a couple different kinds of pills, and nuvaring.

The pills made me sick and the meds i was on then didn't help. The depo i acutally blood for a month and a half. The nuvaring I took myself off of cause i was having some aniexty problems....

Are there anything else out there besides condoms.

Justinsgirl92

Asked by Justinsgirl92 at 9:35 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Health

• mirena but its like nuvaring you put up your cervix. there is the patch but im scared to use that cause that has a lot more estrogen in it and has caused quite a bit of deaths. look up birth control methods on the internet thats what i did
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 9:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I've been on the Ortho Evra Patch for 8 years, 6 years continuously with no problems. You wear it for a week and go 3 weeks on 1 week off. Periods are lighter, no cramps, no side effects whatsoever!!
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Mirena is an IUD, intra- uterine device, it goes inside your uterus. It lasts 5 years. It is put in at the doctors office w/ out more than a little cramping. From what I remember it has hormones in it also, but low dose/slow release. There is also the copper IUD, no hormones I think it lasts longer. I'm sure you know of male and female condoms, foams, spermicides, lets see, you know Depo shot, Nuvaring is mentioned, patches, oral contraceptives- which come in different hormones and strengths, vasectormy, tubal ligation (tubes tied)... if you have any questions about any of them please ask, I'll try to give the most accurate information aside from a physician/other health professional.
    mama060297

Answer by mama060297 at 11:00 PM on May. 7, 2009