feels like i've been punched in the gut

Ok. So, I am 38 wks preggo and I have this uncomfortableness (if that's a word) in my stomach. I woke up last night cause I had to pee and I noticed my stomach was hurting. And, it's pretty much been hurting all day. I was "checked" yesterday and was barely 1 cm dilated. The best way to describe the feeling I'm having is this: imagine you stopped at a gas station and left your purse in the restroom but didn't realize it til you were 20 miles up the road. It's that "sinking" type feeling I guess, but it's constant.
So, I guess my question is what do you think it is?

jkt747

Asked by jkt747 at 9:35 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hmm...could be baby contractions or the baby moving into position for birth? I understand the feeling you are talking about but I've never had a baby so I couldn't tell you.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:36 PM on May. 7, 2009